Business people know how to focus and achieve their goals – thus the tons of self-help books, such as that other “7 Habits of Highly …” well, you know the rest.
To be an effective Christian who completes God’s purpose for your life, you need a solid action plan. You don’t think God’s going to swoop down and tap you with a wand and make you perfect, do you? Nope.
You need to take a step forward and runthe race to win, like Paul says. Start practicing these habits today:
1. Read The Bible. Consider it the manual you must read – like the one at work. But this one is far from boring. It’s even got a talking donkey!
2. Start with the end in mind. Sorry, but you will die one day. Not bad news, if you believe in God. Live with the end in mind and when the end comes, you won’t be disappointed. (When I was battling cancer, I thought I might die. My only regret was that I didn’t live for God passionately each day.)
3. Relate. You need to connect with other believers. Christians weren’t meant to go it alone. They need you and you need them.
4. Fear God. God can split the Red Sea, bring a plague of locusts, control the weather, raise the dead. Don’t forget how powerful he is.
5. Pray. Yea, you’ve heard this before. But do you actually do it? Talk to God every day. (Note: He probably won’t speak back audibly. He does that through #1 above.)
6. Attend Church. Sounds like your Mom talking to you, right? Boring, even? Not if you find the right church that is connected to God and worshiping him in truth and spirit. Read here on how to find a good church.
7. Love. This includes your enemies. People you don’t agree with. People who tick you off. Yes, love them. Don’t judge them. Help them, speak kind words, encourage them.
Is there another one I’ve left off? You can reply in the comments.
(Be sure to check out my new book. You can get updates via e-mail for new posts on this blog by clicking here. Thanks for reading!)