Could you make a long list of the things you are grateful for? Could you get to 10? 20? Could you make it to 50? I did and so could you.
I have …
… a wife who sticks with me.
… a twin brother who understands me.
… a group of Christian friends who pray for me.
… a good job.
… a body that fights cancer.
… a God that loves me.
… eyes that can see.
… ears that hear.
… children that love me.
… done things that God forgives me for.
… legs that can run one mile.
… arms that can play the drums in tempo.
… a God that knows my heart.
… a roof over my head.
… a Bible.
… freedom where I live.
… good food to eat.
… fresh water to drink.
… medicines and hospitals available if I get sick.
… insight into the meaning of life.
… a cool guitar.
- how white your teeth are
- whether your roots are showing
- if you have a nice car
- who won the World Cup
- how many hits Derek Jeter has
- where you sit at church
- what’s on television tonight
- whether they like you at school
- whether they like you at church
- if your Bible has a cover on it
- what they’ll think if you raise your hand in worship
- whether you could make it on any reality tv show
- how tall you are
- how short you are
- if they make fun of you
- whether you’re getting too old
- whether you’re too young
- who’s on the cover of Rolling Stone
- if you get an iPad for Christmas
- how long the pastor’s sermon will be
- how green the grass is
- if the new Harry Potter movie is any good
- how to get more money
- whether your shoes look good
- whether the grass is greener on the other side
- if you look good when you smile
- the past
- if they like you
- how to get more Facebook friends
- katy perry
- who’s hosting Saturday Night Live
- if you’ll get the job
- whether you win
- whether you lose
- what you look like when you dance
- the national debt
- Bradley Cooper’s hair
- if your church is big enough
- how cool the youth pastor is
- how big your feet are
- what your neighbors think
- coke vs pepsi
- what you wear to church
- if you snore at night
- whether you’re entertained at church
- getting even
What’s the last one on the list? Am I missing anything?
If you are focused on the things that matter, you should read my new book on Amazon.com. Thanks for reading!